Sunday, August 19, 2007

Superbad - The review everyone couldn't wait to write

I'm going to start off by bad mouthing someone else's review of this movie by calling them an idiot and telling them they shouldn't write movie reviews ever again. I don't know the site of the person I'm directing this towards by if you search Digg you should be able to find their review that posted last Thursday, I believe. Ah hell I'll find it, hold on... there! Anyways, this review doesn't even matter because there's probably a hundred reviews for this movie already and most of them are going to say the same thing. Just like in the other review, you already have your mind made up about this movie. So I'm just going to tell you what I liked about it, I'd tell you what I didn't like too, but there wasn't anything really worth mentioning.

I guess this movie is Jonah Hill's vessel, but really I didn't get that feeling at all. He pretty much has equal screen time with Micheal Cera (forever known as George Micheal from Arrested Development) Christopher Mintz-Plasse (forever to be known as McLovin) and Seth Rogan and Bill Hader. Seriously they're all on the screen so much that there is no star, which works really well for this movie. Now the review linked above, is pretty much in love with Jonah Hill and didn't get George Micheal at all, which is really sad because basically they said they didn't get any smart jokes only the obvious ones that everyone was laughing at. Both of them actually do a great job and make a good comedy team. McLovin was actually quite good. I didn't worry that he would be a "Shermanator" like the "other review" said, but I did think it was going to be difficult to watch him. Well it was actually enjoyable and the damn kid made me laugh, so he did a good job. I don't see how anyone could type cast him since the McLovin character name is just there so that the cops can say it over and over to make you laugh.

It was a good High School movie, which there hasn't been too many that I can think of. The girls of the movie were nicely handled, not to much screen time to make them annoying, and they show up at the end to make for the perfect ending. The cops made me laugh... a whole bunch! Seriously every time they said McLovin, I had to laugh. Even though I had heard, "Sounds like a sexy hamburger" thirty times in the trailer, I still laughed when I heard it said again. If you're a guy, don't see it with your girlfriend... although you'll probably feel a little gay if you see it with your friends. I think most guys that are like these two characters went through a much more toned down version of what their friendship is going through in the movie. There really isn't much else to say about the movie, I mean it's a comedy so it's not like there's some surprise twist or something so if you're going to see it then more than likely you'll enjoy it. I laughed my ass off through the whole thing. The movie really has a strong opening that just trucks on through the rest of the flick never missing a beat.

No comments: