Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Reaper vs Chuck

It's funny how two shows that are pretty similar will come out at the same time. I'm sure we all notice it, it even happens with movies, and I like to think that secretly everyone chosen the one that they want to back. Either it was the first one you saw or you like the actor's in the other better, whatever the reason typically one is a success and the other is canceled or moves it's release date. I thought that would be the case with Reaper and Chuck. I saw both of them at Comic Con (no I'm not going to hyper link you can search the archives!) and have been waiting for the second episode of each, but I'm torn on which I'll like better. With Reaper, Kevin Smith directed the first episode, and even though I'm no longer a die hard fan of his I still enjoy his work and his ability to make people (even Ben Affleck) funny. Also he was hilarious to listen to and frankly the experience was rather enjoyable. With Chuck, I still thought it was funny, there was a major hottie in her undies (twice!) and I rather enjoyed the main character. Also with Chuck, they've filmed segments at two of the shops in my plaza at work. Again, sometimes it's these little things that get our loyalty, especially with Nerds, it's just how we are and its why they show these shows at Comic Con to rope us in. I'm actually pulling for both shows, and I'm glad NBC decided not to compete directly against Reaper with Chuck. Not that it would make any sense to do that since they're both made by the WB and that would just be bad business. My only worry is for Reaper which is on the CW on Monday's and with football season coming up it will more than likely have a harder time then Chuck. Enough ranting there's some Youtube trailers after the break!

No comments: