Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Simple Statement...

Lately my opinion has come under fire. My "Slang", swearing and over all feelings on things have apparently warranted attacks from "readers", I say that way since they are not true readers but people that have stumbled upon this blog and found something they didn't like and felt the need to state their opinion on my opinion. I say that again, their opinion on MY opinion... maybe I should change the name to reviews on reviewing the world. This is the one and only time I will say this... I do not get paid for this blog, I don't have adsense, I don't have sponsors, I don't have an editor, I don't even have other writers. I do this on my own time, and use my own resources to do so. I write how I want to write, for the most part I write the way I talk and I talk like most people talk. If I get excited about a game, then I'll probably swear and say dope, I'm excited about something after all. If I don't like a CD, then I'm not going to like it just because you like it, and just because I'm on the internet doesn't mean that I have to like it. I think that if people went through my archives they would find that I have a lot of positive reviews, and even if they're negative I always find something good in the product that I'm reviewing. I do moderate comments, to prevent spam postings which are annoying when I go to other sites and have to read them there. I've posted every negative comment, comment directing people to other reviews and sites, but I've also responded to these comments. I find it weird that people disagree with my opinion and the only way they can respond is to attack my opinion or my word choices. Here's a good rule of thumb, if it's not something you'd say to your Mom, then don't leave the comment. If you're not going to leave your name, then don't leave a comment. I will no longer post comments, be them good or bad, if they do not have a name attached. I have put myself out there for people to read my thoughts on things, and because I believe anything I have worth posting should have my name attached, because in the REAL world, when you say something everyone knows you said it. So please have a spine, and don't be a faceless coward. Brian Micheal Bendis once said something like this, if you're going to say something hiding behind a computer screen then have the guts to put your name on it, don't hide behind your computer. It's sad that people in our society facelessly attack others and speak in a way to others that they would not do so if the person was in front of them. Keep that in mind the next time you want to post a comment.
UPDATE: I've joined Amazon.com's Associate program, we see if I generate any revenue with this site, enough to take criticism from faceless strangers... maybe. More than likely I'll try it for 2 days like I did adsense and then quit but we'll see.

No comments: