Friday, August 10, 2007

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga aka the five Gag Me's

Spoon - Ga x 5

This will be quick, I didn't like the album. I wasn't to sure what I was going to get having never heard a full Spoon CD before. I bought this because the 2 or 3 songs they have on the Stranger than Fiction soundtrack. I enjoyed those songs so much I figured this CD would have at least one hit. Now I'm very good at picking out the single(s) on a CD, obviously I mean before I've heard the CD. But with The Five Ga's and Me, I couldn't find it. I also could listen to a couple songs due to how lame they were. It was almost as if they decided to be all experimental, to be one of those daring bands that makes it work... well it didn't work. There was one song that repeated the same lyric over and over. Now i don't have a problem with this, when it works. When the music is so catchy and the lyrical hook is just great, but when the music is dry and the lyrics aren't caring the song then really it's just a waste of time. If I cared enough to go back through the songs again I'd figure out exactly which one it is but I'm pretty sure it's either "Got yr. cherry bomb" or "little Japaneses cigarette case". Go listen to something else, because this CD is unbearable!


----------------
Now playing: "prescilla" by Bat For Lashes
via FoxyTunes

No comments: