Saturday, August 11, 2007

30 Minutes of Shaolin vs Evil Dead Ultimate Power aka we added Ulitmate Power so we wouldn't get sued!

While at Comic Con I attended a panel that showed the last 30 minutes of this flick... there's really nothing else to follow that awkward sentence, except that one. So in the final battle fighting happens, I guess it's pretty good, but I had seen better. The film quality was cheap, the graphics were crap and the sound was pathetic. My roommate said it best, "Maybe the first hour of the movie would have made the last 30 minutes more enjoyable... but then I probably wouldn't have watched the last 30 minutes." This is the truest statement anyone could make about the movie. We watched waiting to see something, anything cool happen in this movie and were surprised by how much of it they showed. The best part of the movie was the crappy posters that they gave out. One of them now proudly hangs in my bathroom which is pretty much why I'm writing this. I guess the best part of the movie, for people that saw the rest of it, was the ending where a bunch of vampires show up out of no where. No where else in the movie do they mention vampires, but the characters respond in a fashion that makes you think they were expecting them any minute. If you can rent this movie, then do so, but only watch the last 30 minutes.

No comments: