Friday, August 17, 2007

All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #6

Wondering what's going on in this book? Yeah I think most people do too. It's not that the story and art aren't good, it's that each issue takes almost 6 months to come out and by the time it does who the hell remembers what's going on with it? That and Mr. Miller seems to be jumping slightly forward in time with each issue. It's taken 6 issues now just to the next night after Robin's family's murder. Most of the characters are crazy. Black Canary is freaking cool, but nothing like the Black Canary anyone's come to know in the last few years. Batman really, truly, is psychotic and I'll be damned if I don't love it. Other than Frank Miller's crazy story that's made so many fans scream bloody murder, Jim Lee's art is top notch. He loves having the characters kick through windows and peoples teeth on full splash pages. This issue has two splash pages, one for Black Canary (Kicking teeth with her left foot) and one for Batman (Kicking through a car window with his left foot). Most comic fans love to hate this book, yet every time it comes out it sells out in an instant. Frankly I love the craziness of the book and it's the only book that I'll let the Superstar attitude fly on. Other book's like Ulimates and such have had too many strikes, so if the books stops coming out on time... I stop reading it. But Miller and Lee get a free pass due to their track record. If you're not reading this book then you probably shouldn't. It's not going to make any new comic fans but it'll probably keep them talking for a long time.

1 comment:

Namira said...

It's made me a comic book fan. I admit, my little 'thing' for Dick had been developing for quite some time, but the day I picked up the first issue of All Star Batman and Robin was what really pushed me over the edge. My comic book collection is already nearing the hundred mark, and I really can't afford this hobby ... but it's too late. Damnit.