Monday, July 30, 2007

Comic Con 2007

Since we review anything here at Reviewing the World, I figured it was about time to review an event. Not just any event mind you, but the biggest convention/comic convention to happen every year. Also I'll have lots of pictures for all those who couldn't be there and see it for themselves!

The Good: Lots of stuff being giving away, tons of stuff to do, some good deals on things to buy, and some pretty booth girls and other women in costumes, Celebs of the comic and film world walking around.

The Bad: Not enough time to do everything, the comic book panels were filled mostly with jokes and no content, lines everywhere, I was a bathroom break away from getting into the Futurama panel where the entire cast was (I'm still sad about that one) To get some of the free stuff you had to wait around all day, lot of stink nerds and ugly people, and dumb people who didn't even know what a comic was getting signatures on crap that would be more worthless the minute it was signed.


Now I know it seems like a lot of bad, but those few goods out weigh the bad by a lot. Sure I would have liked to scene Futurama but I got to stand behind Jim Lee in line for cookies. Sure there were lines for some of the swag but I still got a lot of cool swag! Overall I think the organization of the event was the best I've ever been apart of, I just wish the day was longer or that they would start it sooner. The doors open at 10 and that's pretty much when everything starts, but after you park and wait to get in, it's 11 so you've already missed an hour of cool stuff. Also it was like the Warped Tour, you have to choose your favorite panels to see and miss other ones you still wanted to go to. My friend wanted to see Resident Evil 3 stuff but we also wanted to see the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guy's new project The Film Crew so that's where we went. I really can't complain too much I just wanted to be able to see more! We'll see how it goes next year since I already bought my ticket hopefully I get to see everything I want to :)

Here's a bunch of pics hopefully they all post without any problems! Also I don't know any of the people in the pics they're all part of my awkward picture collection where I take pictures of
other people posing with the costumed freaks!















No comments: