Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Aveeno - Body Wash

Finally! A body wash review! I originally tried this product due to my Girlfriends sister sending it to me to try. I must say I like the product a lot and it's even Hypoallergenic for those of you with skin problems which is a growing phenomenon here in the the states. Not only does the soap not leave a smell on your body but I just feel really clean after washing. That's always been my problem with Body Wash, it still feels like it's on your skin even after rinsing it off multiple times. So no left over soap feeling, good lather, and no scent. Really the only negatives for this product is it's bottle. The top is nice and large so when you start to run out you can flip it over and actually have it balance on it's own, but the problem with that is the cap fills up with so much cold water that when your not paying close attention in the early hours of the morning you can dump a nice gulp of water on yourself. Frankly it wakes me right up because I'm like, "What the hell was that?" But who remembers this stuff when showering? Not I. So after many, "What the hell was that?" moments I stopped turning the bottle over which brought about another struggle.

When I was in college I had a class taught by a lawyer, hold on now this story is going some where so stay in your seats dammit! Any who, so he was great for stories since there's only so many ways to teach people how to protect their intellectual works of art and not get screwed out of a lot of money i.e. the guy who designed the Rolling Stones logo for free and has received jack all for it to this day. One story went like this, a Man made a meeting with Crest the makers of toothpaste and said, "Give me a million dollars and I'll increase your profits by 10%." they of course asked, "How" and he said, "Give me a million dollars and I'll tell you." Well they said no because giving a million up front with nothing proved is not really a smart business move. Well finally Colgate said yes and he asked them, "How much toothpaste does the average person use." the answer is about an inch of toothpaste. Long story short he told them to increase the diameter of the opening by whatever amount and people would naturally use more toothpaste thus needing more toothpaste and increasing profits. Well Aveeno has a large opening and it's impossible to get the right amount, I'm constantly pouring to much out or not enough which causes me to use more anyways.

Overall it's a good product but it's not cheap and you don't get as much for the price as you do with the other Body Washes and like I said you go through it pretty quick too. Unfortunately I haven't found anything else I like better so I will keep using it because to me it's worth the cost, but I can't say the same for everyone else. Product rating 7.5, try it you may be surprised.

No comments: