Friday, July 20, 2007

Forza Motorsport 2

Forza 2 Motorsport

Microsoft Game Studios

XBOX360

Well it's hard for me to right this review because I didn't finish the game. I played as much of it as I could including several levels in Arcade and a brief stint in Career mode. Really I'm writing this for the people like myself who didn't play the first one and was looking for a good racing game. Unfortunately this game is a racing simulator. The learning curve compared to Sony's Gran Tourismo is significantly less but just like GT it's not very fun. I for one have no real interest in collecting real world cars in a video game setting. The graphics were good, but I've yet to see a car game and say, "That looks nothing like a Toyota Supra!" so I can't say that it really won me over. The Achievements on XBOX Live were pretty unbalanced too, ranging from easy to difficult with nothing really in the middle. It had a few to entice you to play the game more, but then the rest were really there for the dedicate Achievement Whores on XBOX Live. You can do custom paint jobs on your cars and I guess a lot of people love it since they could never afford to do it on their car in real life, but really the only thing you can do with that is show pictures of it on the internet and it takes a lot of time and effort so again I wasn't that dedicated and really I'm surprised there's so many "Car Guys" on XBOX. So I'm giving this game a 7.0 rent it unless you were looking for the next best driving simulator.Here's someone having way more fun playing the game then I did.


No comments: