Friday, April 4, 2008

Secret Invasion - Because I Just Had To!

The Invasion is upon us and finally we can stop seeing "Who do you trust in the corner of every Marvel book, and can move on to seeing large head shots of Iron Man instead. So what is Secret Invasion? Well do you read comic books? Yes? Okay then I'm not going to explain it to you because you should already know and if you don't read Marvel... then you don't care any ways. If you by chance answered "No" to the above questions then I'll say that this book isn't for you and that really you should start reading a book two to three years in the making unless you just want to read a good story that will again change the face of the Marvel U yet again.

Since no one that's going to read this is here to hear what the story is about and that pretty much everyone is doing exactly what I did and asked someone who already read it if it was any good, I'll just get on with it and tell you!

It was a good start... it had some interesting reveals, but since all the cards were on the table I can't say I'm really going to be shocked or pissed off like some people may end up being. If anything the last few pages are what got my attention the most but I see Bendis following in Loeb's foot step's and ending the book with a cliffhanger that makes you want to read the very next page and then instantly stop caring about the nine that follow. I hope this isn't the case and the Loeb isn't ruining the few good writers that Marvel has. We'll have to see how this book plays out, it should be interesting to see if there are anymore Skrull reveals and if the Skrull Kill Krew will show up (I hope, I hope!) If anything after this book I'll be a little sad if we no longer have characters around that were once there. Like I said though, the books off to a good start but it's too early to tell if it's really that good. I'll say Four out of Five :)

No comments: