Monday, April 21, 2008

Nova # 12 - Nova's self is great!

When I started collecting comics, one of the first issue I read was Uncanny X-Men 312 and 313 which dealt with the Phalanx. Frankly the concept freaked me out. So when the Phalanx merged with Ultron, the idea made me metaphorically pee myself. I thought it was quite possibly the coolest thing I had heard. Now Annihilation Conquest has wrapped up and although I don't think it was as good as Annihilation itself was, I did like several things that it did and the characters that it effected.

Nova was one of those characters. When he caught the virus, I thought, "Well shit, he's dead!" Then after the annual which gave a look at his future and that he was going to have to fight the virus everyday for the rest of his life and he wouldn't always be able to be the bad ass that he currently is, bummed me the fuck out. I love to hate the Phalanx because they destroy everything in their path with no cure. It also made me realize just how much I liked this character and what's being done with him. I honestly don't think I could find five characters in comics that I care about right now, but I think Nova would be at the top or at least second on the list.

Thankfully issue Twelve came out (And yeah I stole the picture I already put my issue away and it gives Midtown some free press, so what!) With number Twelve, Nova was cured of the virus by the sacrifice of Warlock. Then Tylo (Warlock's protégé) kicks the crap out of his Dad or something and has a bunch of life spark to share. I gave out a rewarding sigh as Drax and Gamora (it's either Gamora or Gomora I can't remember and I'm lazy) are cured of their virus as well. Gamora didn't take it too well and that made me really, really love the book. Each week I buy about 30 comics and each week their might be one or two that I've got to read first. Thankfully Nova always comes out on time, because I've got to read it first. Guardians of the Galaxy is coming out soon and frankly I just can't wait.

No comments: