Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jenna Jameson's Shadow Hunter

Ah a comic review... how original right? Well it's not often anymore that I read a book and just have to write a review although Vinyl Underground is a very good book and probably worthy of a review.

So what's Shadow Hunter about? Nothing to original in fact it seems like it would fit perfectly with the rest of Top Cow's Universe and since that's where Christina Z cut her teeth it shouldn't be surprising. Basically our main character the hot blonde has always had these visions of Demon's and Angel's fighting, see goes and gets them checked out and earns money in the process. The doctor who looks like a guy in the book but is referred to as a woman (Perhaps an over site when sending the book to India to be drawn?) any way she/he gives... let's just call her Jenna she actually has some other "J" name but it doesn't really matter does it? The Doc gives her a trinket and now her visions are materializing... and trying to kill her. Christina Z is very good with the strong female lead and unlike in other Virgin Comics I didn't find my self just looking at the art because the story was so... grade school. I still was blown away by the story itself but it did interest me enough to want issue two.

The art on the other hand was fantastic! Mukesh Singh is extremely talented and I hope he gets put on other projects after this series is over. Not only were his penciling very detailed and sharp but his coloring was beautiful. Frankly I don't know how to describe how good the art was, just that I was blown away by it. The art makes the book worth picking up and the fact that the story doesn't suck is just a bonus. I'm sure that comic shops over ordered this book due to Jenna Jameson's name being on the cover so it should be hard to find an issue, and like I said it's worth it for the art alone.

No comments: